Get the exact garage you need!
From a single garage, double garage, triple garage, 4 car garage or bigger, you can get the right sized garage for what you need.
This is because, unlike a lot of suppliers, we are not limited to supplying you a set sized garage. Vary the width and length to suit. If you need extra height, we can supply you with the exact clearance height you want, and don’t forget the roof pitch. There are several roof pitches normally available to better match your existing house or buildings.
You also have the choice of the full range of Colorbond colours as well as Zincalume. So you are not limited by colours either.
State of the art designs mean that the cold-rolled high-tensile frames used in our sheds and garages are strong yet weigh less than other frames, which means less concrete is needed and installation times are quicker, easier and more cost effective.
More Shed for your Bread
Whilst we are talking about weight, check the weight of our sheds and garages compared to our competitors. You will be pleasantly surprised and know that you are getting more steel for your dollar and that your shed or garage is solidly designed and built.
Your garage will come with every part you need to install it, right down to downpipes, guttering, and fasteners.
All of the garages are pre-engineered, saving you a substantial amount or time and money if you had to get the building designed and engineered yourself, and ready to submit to council if required. This engineering is included with your garage.
Cyclonic and Non-Cyclonic Designs
We design garages for all wind regions and areas in Australia.
Cyclonic Wind Regions - There are definite differences with garages designed for Cyclonic areas. You need to know that in the event of a big storm or cyclone, your garage will still be standing after the event. Believe us when we say that there have been many failures with different designs in the industry.
What to look for before buying a garage - a few things to consider:
- How much car space do I need?
- How much storage space do I need?
- Do I have to buy a set size?
- Can I change the width length or height to suit me?
- Is the roller door big enough to fit my vehicle in??
- Is it Australian or imported steel (makes a big difference to the longevity and strength of your garage)?
- Can I get engineering for it?
- Does it come with every part I need?
- Can I get it delivered to my door?
Garages from Excalibur Sheds:
- Use Australian Made Steel from Bluescope Steel
- Come complete with every part needed
- Come with Full Site Specific Engineering - to comply with Australian standards and building codes. You need this for application to your local council.
- Can be Designed & Supplied to Your Size
- Can be Delivered to Your Door (to most of Australia)
Some frequently asked questions
Does a garage add value to your home? - if done properly, a garage can certainly add value to your home. Make sure that the colours match your house and that the size and height is practical, not just for you, but for any potential buyers if or when you sell the property.
Are metal garages any good? - When compared to a timber garage, a metal or steel garage is a far better option. Here are the reasons why:
- Immune to termites - unlike timber, termites can’t eat steel.
- Less work to install
- Less material needed
- Comes already finished - no painting required
Why do garages get so hot? - Hint: They don’t have to!
People sometimes complain that when they go to their garage, it is excessively hot. But a lot can be done to prevent this -
Some Garage Cooling Ideas
Many garages end up being used for different purposes. They store and protect your vehicles, but many people also use them as a workshop area or storage, for at least part of the building. It is always better for you or your possessions to be in a cooler environment. So here are some of the most simple and best ideas to cool your garage.
- Whirlybirds or roof ventilators - these are simple to install. They help to cool the area by exhausting the hot air near the roof apex out into the atmosphere. They also encourage airflow throughout the building. This can help to minimise potential moisture problems.
- Insulation - This is a great option and one we highly recommend. Insulation performs a few functions. It helps to keep the heat from coming in. It limits temperature fluctuation - The nature of steel is that it takes in both the heat and the cold. Insulation helps to even this out. We recommend that roof insulation is installed as a minimum. If you can, fit insulation to the walls as well, even if it just to the hotter sides. eg the western facing side.
- Fit a window or more windows - This is kind of obvious. A window lets in air, but remember, heat can also come through, so add a curtain or blind if possible.
- Limit skylight panels - Skylight panels in the roof can be good and bad. They let in light, but they can also let in extra heat if they are too big.
- Think about having openings at opposite sides of the shed. If you have 2 openings ‘facing each other’ in you shed, chances are that it will encourage some air crossflow.
- Plant some trees around the garage if you don’t already have some. Trees offer natural cooling around a building and can improve the overall look of the landscape.
So if you are looking for a garage, workshop shed, storage shed etc, give us a call or send us an email today and we’d be only too happy to provide you with a quality steel building that is engineered to last and will give you great value for money. To get a quote simply fill in the form below or click on the link at the top menu of this page.